Teagasc Research Insights Webinar - Achieving Sustainable Genetic Gain in Farmed Animals
Type Event Proceeding
On a recent Research Insights webinar which took place on Wednesday, 3rd March, Donagh Berry, Teagasc Researcher & Director of VistaMilk SFI Research Centre was joined by Teagasc Researchers Sinéad McParland, Áine O’Brien and Fíona Dunne to discuss achieving sustainable genetic gain in farmed animals.
The panellists on this webinar give an insight into the process of how genetically elite parents of the next generation are identified and selected using modern-day breeding tools.
Donagh Berry - Teagasc Researcher & Director of VistaMilk SFI Research Centre
- Sinéad McParland - Traditional breeding using ancestry information
- Áine O’Brien - DNA-based breeding
- Fíona Dunne - Decision support in breeding decisions
- Basics of Genetic Evaluations (PDF) - Sinead McParland
- Decision Support in Breeding Decisions (PDF) - Fíona Dunne
- DNA Based Breeding (PDF) - Áine O'Brien