Teagasc Research Insights Webinar - Balancing demands from land
Type Event Proceeding
The final Teagasc Research Insights Webinars focusing on Land Use - Making the most of our land which took place on Wednesday, 20 January.
Agricultural Sustainability is a core element of Teagasc’s research programme. Farmers and policy makers face a challenge in balancing society’s demand for food with its concurrent demands for improvements in the environmental performance of Irish farming. In this webinar Teagasc economists use microeconomic data from Teagasc’s National Farm Survey to examine different aspects of this complex multidimensional sustainability challenge.
- Kevin Hanrahan - Head of Rural Economy and Development Programme, Teagasc
- Cathal Buckley - Economist, Teagasc
- Michele McCormack - Research Officer, Teagasc
- Mary Ryan - Specialist in Environmental Economics & Rural Development, Teagasc
- Sustainability and public good provision - Alternative demands on land (PDF) - Cathal Buckley
- Farm management practices & agri-environmental public goods (PDF) - Michele McCormack
- Land Use Change and Forestry: Economic and Environmenal Interactions (PDF) - Mary Ryan
Find out more about the series or register for future webinars here: Teagasc Research Insights Webinars