The Signpost Series - Water quality – national problems, local solutions
Type Event Proceeding
On the latest episode of The Signpost Series, which took place on Friday, 30th April, Mark Gibson, Teagasc ConnectEd is joined by Jenny Deakin, EPA to discuss water quality – national problems, local solutions.
Jenny's presentation was followed by a questions and answers session, facilitated by Pat Murphy, Head of Teagasc Environment KT Programme.
View presentation below
- Water Quality - National problems, local solutions (PDF)
Jenny Deakin, EPA
Key messages include
- We need to take action to improve water quality
- Not all farms need the same actions
- We have the science and tools to better target ‘the right measure in the right place’
- Need to join up the policy, messaging, actions and supports
- Target measures with multiple benefits: for water quality, air quality (ammonia), biodiversity, climate, natural flood mitigation, amenity, and health and well being
Listen to the webinar as a podcast below
Watch webinar recording below
Find out more about the series here: Sustainable Agriculture Webinars