Our Organisation Search
Quick Links
Toggle: Topics
Placeholder image

History of Oak Park

10 July 2024
Type Booklet

This booklet gives an overview of the history of Oak Park - from it's early years in the 1600's under the Cooke family, to the modern day as it became the home of Teagasc headquarters.

Download Publication (PDF)

Oak Park's history dates back to the 1600s, where it was owned by the Cooke family until the mid 1780s, when it was sold to the Bruens. The house features many historical features across it's several hundred hectares. The land saw several ownership changes since then, before eventually finding its way to An Foras Talúntals. After An Foras Talúntals amalgamated with ACOT to form Teagasc, who now call Oak Park home.