Rural Economic Development Zones (REDZs)
This section provides background information, maps and data relating to the Rural Economic Development Zones (REDZs).
- An overview of REDZs and how they were identified and classified is presented in Meredith-et-al-REDZs-2015-Public.
- A map depicting the boundaries of the REDZs is presented in REDZs-Development-Numbered whilst summary social and economic data for each REDZs is presented in REDZs-154-Data and Profile of the industrial structure of employment in each REDZs.
- An explanation of these data are contained in the document “Explanation-of-REDZs-Data-File”.
- The file “REDZs - Electoral Division” contains a list of all Electoral Divisions and an indication of which REDZ they are associated with.
- The file REDZs-Names contains the boundary set if you wish to use the these in your geographic information system.
Whilst you are free to use these data as you want, we would be grateful if you could acknowledge their authorship by including the following reference in any of your outputs, reports or tenders.
Meredith, D., Wymer, C. and Coombes, M. 2015. Social and economic profile of Rural Economic Development Zones: Technical Research Note. Ashtown: Teagasc.