Catherine and Jim Power - Glenkeen Farm
Catherine grew up on Glenkeen farm. It was a drystock cattle and sheep farm. The farm is set along the Wild Atlantic Way in Mayo and offers agri tourism activities, group tours, visitor experiences, mountain hiking, sheep herding and many more.
- Growing up at Glenkeen and having a great childhood.
- Looking at diversification of the farm to increase income.
- Already an existing farm with existing structures and procedures
- Existing livestock – no investment in animal purchases
- Strong knowledge base
- Upgrading the farm
- Capital investment
- Lack of experience
- Add more grants & financial incentives for rural farms and rural agri-tourism
- Additional training for new farmers
Newbie - Glenkeen Farm