Newbie New Entrant to Agriculture Competition 2022
Could you be Ireland’s best new entrant farmer?
The Teagasc, NEWBIE new entrant competition is held annually. Are you:
- a newcomer to farming
- a successor
or have you
- diversified your enterprise.
Entry to the 2022 competition is now open!!
Who can enter?
The competition is open to newcomers to farming, successors and farmers who have diversified their enterprise. Find out more about the 2022 terms & conditions here
Application forms will be assessed and applicants shortlisted. The judging panel will visit the farms of shortlisted applicants to discuss the farm enterprise, business model etc. An overall winner will then be selected. Closing date for entry is 12 midnight on Sunday 9 October 2022
The overall winner will be awarded:
- €1,000 cash prize kindly sponsored by AIB
- A mentoring programme (value of €1,000) kindly provided by Enterprise Ireland
- Production of a promotional farm video
- A plaque for display on-farm
- Showcased on Newbie website and in the national farming press
The 2021 winners were Welgro Produce, cucumber growers in North County Dublin. Click here to read more about Welgro Produce.
The 2020 winner was Poultry Farmer, Kylie Magner from Co. Tipperary. Click here to read more about Kylie.
The 2019 winner was Snail Farmer, Steven Ryan. Click here to read more about Steven