Padraig O’Farrell - Dairy Farm Partnership
Padraig completed Agricultural level 8 degree and returned home to farm. He is an only son who was “always out farming from a young age”. The farm partnership was set up in 2015 on family farm.
- Coming home after completing and Agricultural degree in college, he had to start earning an income somewhere.
- 2 people are involved in the running of the farm – large knowledge
- Advisory – good advisory network that he could trust and understand
- Family support – “Open minded father who was already in charge of farm”
- Farm was already in place – infrastructure, land
- “Changing the farm to be in more line with environmental sustainable practices”
- Business planning – “should have asked more questions”
- New entrant loan scheme
“Make them more available to new entrant farmers, regulate them”
Newbie - Padraig & Patrick O'Farrell - Dairy Farm Partnership