Farm Safety Week 2021
Ireland and the UK have joined forces for Farm Safety Week 2021, taking place from July 19th to 23rd
It's Time to Take Safety Seriously
2021 marks the ninth annual Farm Safety Week. The collaborative campaign, initiated by the Farm Safety Foundation in the UK and led by the IFA within Ireland brings together farming organisations from Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Northern Ireland Britain on the topic of farm safety. United in the aim to reduce the number of accidents on farms and bring about a change in culture that makes unsafe practices socially unacceptable.
The message for the 2021 Farm Safety Campaign is RETHINK SAFETY.
Accidents on farms are a continuing cause of concern. For the situation to improve the practical engagement of farmers’ is essential for progress.
View the Farm Safety Hub on IFA website
- 9th Farm Safety Week Encourages Farm Families to Rethink Safety
- Dispelling the myths around Risk Assessment
- The potential risks on Irish dairy farms during the summer months - Podcast
One of the objectives of the week will be to dispel the myths around risk assessment and encourage farmers to take measures to ensure the safety of all on the farm.
Organisation leads to better time efficiency which means farmers can reduce time taken to do a job. This can allow you to take a proper break during the day or finish up earlier. Penny Gavin, Teagasc gives some tips in what you can do to organise your work more efficiently on the farm
- Farm Safety may not cost the earth but not doing it may cost your life
- Know your blind spots
- Farm Safety Tips from Beef Farmer, Tommy Holmes - Podcast
- Quad Safety on farm
- Taking Care in the Countryside
- Safety at Silage Appeal
- The Importance of a Tidy Farmyard
- Protecting yourself from Infectious diseases
- Keeping the elderly safe on farm