Working at Height
17% of all fatal accidents on farms are due to falls and collapses.
- Think about the job and plan to do it safely
- Think about the competence of people doing the job.
- Think, plan and organise safety before working on fragile or unstable roofs
- Think and plan to use appropriate safety equipment.
- Think about use of a mobile elevated work platform.
- Think and plan to inspect equipment regularly.
- Think about stacking bales if you do not have machinery to remove them.
- Think about the risk of falling objects
Staying Safe while Working at Height
17% of farm fatalities are caused by falls from heights and accidents involving from falling or being struck by falling objects such as gates or bales. In this short clip, Teagasc advisor Glen Corbett outlines top tips for staying safe on farm while working at heigh