Get Farm Financially Fit Checklist
- Are you availing of all the schemes that are available? (farm assist/ Energy saving schemes/ BPS/ Carers allowance etc.)
- Do you read your bank statement monthly?
- How many days were you in your overdraft in 2014? & how are you going to reduce the number of days?
- Do you have a home office?
- Do you monitor your spend on household and farm utilities (ESB/ Phone/Gas etc.)
- Do you clear the credit card bill monthly?
- How much did you pay in interest last year? & how are you going to reduce this?
- Did you spend any of your Basic Payment Scheme money supporting the farm?
- Have you considered changing enterprise?
- Have you considered leasing the farm to a neighbour to avail of the rental income tax free?
- Are there skills in the household that can help you improve your financial situation