Succession & Inheritance
Transferring the family farm is so much more than just a simple business transaction; there are a number of complex issues to be addressed including:
- The family home is normally inseparable from the business.
- A number of family members/ siblings/ children to be catered for fairly
- If the transfer is during the owner’s lifetime, the owner will require an income, as well as possibly the recipient depending on the circumstances.
- Creating an arrangement that can provide a solution for the different opinions of the family members involved the discussion
Transferring the Family Farm Clinics
An online event on Transferring the Family Farm took place on 17th November 2020.
Click on the images below to download a copy of the Farm Succession & Transfer Guide or A Guide to Transferring the Family Farm or contact your local Teagasc offices for a hard copy.
- Farm Succession and Transfer Guide - Summary (pdf)
- Guide to Transferring your Family Farm (November 2020 Edition)
- Planning your Succession - Media Article
- Lessons from Teagasc’s farm succession clinic
- Article: How to take the stress out of land succession