Succession & Inheritance
Transferring the family farm is so much more than just a simple business transaction; there are a number of complex issues to be addressed including:
- The family home is normally inseparable from the business.
- A number of family members/ siblings/ children to be catered for fairly
- If the transfer is during the owner’s lifetime, the owner will require an income, as well as possibly the recipient depending on the circumstances.
- Creating an arrangement that can provide a solution for the different opinions of the family members involved the discussion
Transferring the Family Farm Clinics
Clinics are planned to take place autumn 2020. See presentations from 2019 clinics below
- Planning your Succession - Media Article
- Teagasc Guide to Transferring the Family Farm (PDF)
- Lessons from Teagasc’s farm succession clinic
- Article: How to take the stress out of land succession