Distance Learning Breeding Course – One intake per calendar year (Spring/early Summer), over a six week period. The course handbook covers decision making and husbandry from the time one decides to breed the mare until the foal is weaned. The course also involves an accompanying assignment to support learning and one full day on farm (usually at the end of the six week period).
For more information or to express interest in the course contact the tutor, Wendy Conlon:
Phone: 087 9879083; 091 845291; Email: email@example.com
Full time Courses
- L5 Cert in Horsemanship (Equitation or Stud Mgmt)
- Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Horsemanship
- L6 Advanced Cert in Equine Breeding (Stud Mgmt)
- Higher Certificate in Business in Equine
- Bachelor of Business in Equine (Level 7)
Sport Horse Breeding Distance Learning Course
This course is written with three objectives:
- To provide information so that informed decisions can be reached to embark on a sport horse breeding enterprise.
- To educate new sport horse breeders in the basics of equine breeding and genetics.
- To create awareness of the importance of welfare, health and good planning.
The course will run over a six-week period covering the topics below. A farm visit will take place at The Irish National Stud Co. Kildare on May 8th. The farm visit is recommended for all learners and admission to the farm(s) is covered in the course application fee of €110.
|Week One: April 8th - April 12th||The Breeding Programme|
|Week Two: April 23rd - April 26th||Anatomy and Physiology|
|Week Three: April 29th - May 3rd||Reproduction|
|Week Four: May 7th - May 10th||Herd Health|
|Week Five: May 13th - May 17th||Foaling to Weaning|
|Week Six: May 20th - May 24th||Feeding Mares and Youngstock|
It is important to outline at the beginning that this course does require a commitment to self-study and regularly work through the course material provided and the assignment work which accompanies the course. Contact time with your tutor is limited and you may not get immediate answers to queries or immediate responses to communications, though a commitment is provided to deal with all queries and communications as outlined in the section on course dates.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org