Full time Courses
- Level 5 Cert in Horsemanship (Equitation or Stud Mgmt)
- Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Equitation
- Level 6 Advanced Cert in Stud Management
Distance Learning Breeding Course – One intake per calendar year (Spring/early Summer), over a six week period. The course handbook covers decision making and husbandry from the time one decides to breed the mare until the foal is weaned. The course also involves an accompanying assignment to support learning and one full day on farm (usually at the end of the six week period).
For more information or to express interest in the course contact the tutors, Wendy Conlon/Alan Hurley
Phone: 087 9879083; 091 845291; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 087 7143169 353 46 906 1119 Email email@example.com
The last course completed in April 2019 by Tutor Alan Hurley.
Sport Horse Breeding Distance Learning Course
This course is written with three objectives:
- To provide information so that informed decisions can be reached to embark on a sport horse breeding enterprise.
- To educate new sport horse breeders in the basics of equine breeding and genetics.
- To create awareness of the importance of welfare, health and good planning.
The course will run over a six-week period covering the topics below.
|Week One:||The Breeding Programme|
|Week Two:||Anatomy and Physiology|
|Week Four:||Herd Health|
|Week Five:||Foaling to Weaning|
|Week Six:||Feeding Mares and Youngstock|
It is important to outline at the beginning that this course does require a commitment to self-study and regularly work through the course material provided and the assignment work which accompanies the course. Contact time with your tutor is limited and you may not get immediate answers to queries or immediate responses to communications, though a commitment is provided to deal with all queries and communications as outlined in the section on course dates.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org