Options Programme - About
Aims of the programme:
- To give individuals a good understanding of how to turn an idea into a viable business
- To provide a mentor for individuals on their idea and assist in the completion of a business plan
- To introduce individuals to other agencies/parties who may be able to offer tangible assistance for their specific project
The programme consists of a series of workshops covering a wide range of topics such as:
A guest farmer who has successfully diversified will speak each night. Teagasc specialists will also be on hand to answer questions.
Farm walks are an important part of the programme giving participants the opportunity to visit farms with successfully diversified farm enterprises and discuss relevant issues with experienced farmers.
The programme also incorporates networking with local agencies such as:
- Local Enterprise Office
- Local Development Companies
- Education and Training Boards
Workshops are free of charge but prior booking is essential. There will be a small fee for a bus to the farm walks.