EU Cost Action network
The BeSAFE project is aligned with the EU funded (COST Action) SACURIMA. . https://www.sacurima.eu/.
This network of European researchers seeks to reduce the burden of work-related deaths, injuries and illnesses in agriculture. Dr. McNamara, Task Leader for Tasks 5 and 6 is the Vice Chair of SACURIMA. The network is working towards its goal by:
- Evaluating health and safety programmes and approaches on the national level.
- Identifying knowledge, attitudes, behaviours and priorities among farmers regarding safety, health and risk management.
- Identifying effective measures for training and integrating vulnerable populations (including refugees) into the agricultural workforce.
- Developing means and indicators for monitoring progress and evaluating the impact of interventions on injuries and illnesses in agriculture.
- Disseminating results to stakeholders and the agricultural community.