Bioeconomy Ireland Week Map Series
As part of the Bioeconomy Ireland Week (19th to 23rd October) Teagasc, in collaboration with the Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine (DAFM), IT Tralee, University College Dublin, Trinity College Dublin, Bord Iascaigh Mhara, the Irish Bioeconomy Foundation, and BiOrbic will be presenting a series of maps on the bioeconomy to highlight its relevance for a wide range of stakeholders across many sectors.
As the bioeconomy is a multifaceted concept that includes a multitude of players, processes, products, and services, and aims to address multiple policy objective ranging from climate change to regional development, we will break it down into five main aspects. On each day of Bioeconomy Week we will present one of these aspects with accompanying maps.
The themes for each day include:
- Monday 19th October - The relevance of the bioeconomy
- Tuesday 20th October - Opportunities in the bioeconomy
- Wednesday 21st October - Beyond economic activities
- Thursday 22nd October - Investments in the bioeconomy
- Friday 23rd October - The Bioeconomy in Ireland so far
More information on each day is available at the above tabs.