Teagasc Communications on Brexit
2019 Papers and Presentations
10 October 2019
Is your farm BREXIT ready?
Brexit will have a major negative impact on market conditions particularly in the case of a No Deal Brexit. This in turn could impact cash flow on your farm. There are a few simple steps that farmers can take to ensure they are Brexit ready read more here
19 September 2019
Declan McArdle and Trevor Donnellan talk about BREXIT and getting BREXIT ready at The National Ploughing Championships 2019
TResearch Summer Edition 2019
Deal or no deal? (Brexit) (PDF) What would a no deal Brexit mean for UK import tariffs, and what would be the impact on Irish agriculture?
30 January 2019
Economics of the tillage sector: Possible Brexit Implications (PDF) - Fiona Thorne, Trevor Donnellan, and Kevin Hanrahan, National Tillage Conference,
The Dairy Edge Podcast
The Brexit deadline is ticking and with so many questions still in the air for Irish agriculture, we spoke to Teagasc's Head of Rural Economy and Development, Kevin Hanrahan, to explain the potential outcomes.
A crash out scenario will have a significant impact on the Irish agricultural sector, Kevin explains, saying the magnitude is greatest for the beef sector with a 20% decline in carcass price compared with less than 10% to milk price.
The uncertainty surrounding Brexit makes it incredibly hard to predict the full effect on Irish farmers and Kevin advises farmers to hold off on any substantial investment to their farm business in a volatile production environment where there is a risk around repayment capacity.
04 December 2018
- Brexit Update (PDF)
20 June 2018
- Presentation from the RICS Rural Conference (PDF), presentation by Trevor Donnellan at the RICS Rural Conference, Cirencester, UK
28 May 2018
- Impact of Brexit on the Irish Agricultural Sector (PDF), Kevin Hanrahan, Head of Teagasc Rural Economy and Development Programme at the BSAS meeting in Westport, County Mayo on 28Th May 2018
25 October 2017
17 October 2017
- BREXIT Update - Possible impacts on the Irish Beef Industry Presentation by Kevin Hanrahan at National Beef Conference
16 June 2017
- Brace for Brexit - What is the potential impact of a ‘hard’ Brexit on Irish farm level income and economic viability? - Fiona Thorne, Emma Dillon, Trevor Donnellan and Kevin Hanrahan - TResearch: Summer 2017
17 May 2017
Joint Presentations by Prof Gerry Boyle and Dr Kevin Hanrahan, Teagasc, to the Seanad select committee on Thursday, 17 May 2017
11 May 2017
- Presentation on Brexit by Kevin Hanrahan, Teagasc (PDF), at the Irish Grassland Sheep conference on 11th May 2017 in County Westmeath
28 April 2017
- Avoiding the Brexit “tariff cliff” on agri-food exports - Professor Gerry Boyle, Director - Media Article
24 April 2017
- Brexit and Beyond: Perspectives on the future of agricultural policy and trade policy - Proceedings from the Agricultural Economics Society and Teagasc Conference
04 April 2017
- B-day is upon us – the implications for Ireland’s agri-food sector - Professor Gerry Boyle, Director - Media Article
29 November 2016
- Outlook 2017 - Economic Prospects for Agriculture 2017 - Conference Presentations and proceedings
14 April 2016
- Brexit - Potential Implications for the Irish Agri-Food Sector Report - Proceedings from the Agricultural Economics Society and Teagasc Seminar
Dr. Kevin Hanrahan speaking at the Teagasc National Beef Conference