Research Leaders 2025
Research Leaders 2025 Call 1 is closed, Call 2 will be open soon!
Teagasc is pleased to launch Research Leaders 2025, an innovative fellowship scheme focused on developing the next generation of research leaders in the agri-food domain.
We seek applications from experienced researchers (with PhD or four years full time research experience) in combination with host organisations worldwide (research, industry or civil society organisations/NGOs).
- Fellowships will have a duration of 36 months, including 18 months outside of Ireland, followed by a “return phase” to Teagasc in Ireland for a further 18 months.
- The fellowships will be researcher-led, so the applicant will be free to choose the research topic, the outgoing host organisation and the supervisor in Teagasc for the return phase.
- There will be a strong focus on career development, with dedicated career mentors for each fellow; a management training course; annual retreats with career presentations from leaders in academia, industry and civil society organisations; and transferable skills training.
- There will also be the option to undertake a secondment to the non-academic sector (e.g., industry or civil society organisations/NGOs).
- There will be a gross annual salary of €51,717 (in absence of family allowance) or €56,306 (if family allowance is paid). Research expenses will also be available.
- The programme aims to address the ‘leaky pipeline’ whereby the higher levels of research shows a gender imbalance. Review cohorts will be gender balanced, applicants that have taken a career break will not be disadvantaged, female fellows will be facilitated in finding female career mentors and paid maternity leave (with extensions to the fellowships) will be available.
Important dates for Call 1:
- Deadline for receipt of Expression of interest: 1st October 2018, 13:00 Dublin Local Time
- Deadline for receipt of Full Application: 20th November 2018, 13:00 Dublin Local Time
- Information webinar: Wednesday, 25th July 2018, 2 pm Dublin Local Time (Scroll down to watch the recorded video)
See the fellowship tab for details of the fellowship package.
See the application tab for the call document, application templates and details of the information webinar
See the Primary Supervisor's Profile tab for details of supervisors who have expressed an interest in participating in fellowship applications.
Further details on Teagasc research are available here: https://www.teagasc.ie/about/research--innovation/
Follow us on Twitter for regular updates @RL2025
Join Research Leaders 2025 LinkedIn group
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 754380
Streamed live on Jul 25, 2018