Teagasc's Forestry Development Department provides advice, training and research on farm forestry and related matters.
Read the latest news updates here.
Chronological overview of all our upcoming forestry events.
Staff / Contact Us
Contact details including advisory areas, research interests and travel directions for research, advisory and education forestry staff.
Objective, technical advice on the establishment, management and harvesting of forests including information on felling regulations, timber prices and much more!
Detailed information on forestry grants and premiums, application procedures, interaction with other agricultural schemes, etc.
The focus of our research is on the management of broadleaves and conifers, tree improvement, site classification and forest policy.
- Date for your diary: 25 October - Talking Timber 2022!
- New research project: ContinuFOR Project - Transformation of Sitka spruce stands to Continuous Cover Forestry (CCF): Synergies and Trade-offs
- The new Environmental Report Grant contributes to the cost of the services of an external ecologist or archaeologist when making an afforestation grant application
- List of Registered Foresters (PDF, updated 09 09 2022)
- List of Native Woodland Scheme Ecologists (PDF, updated July 2022)
- Directory of Professional Ecologists (PDF, updated 13 12 2021)
- Contact List for Timber Buyers and Contractors (PDF, updated 19 08 2022)
Subscribe to our e-newsletter: