Teagasc's Forestry Development Department provides advice, training and research on farm forestry and related matters.
Read the latest news updates here.
Chronological overview of all our upcoming forestry events.
Contact details including advisory areas, research interests and travel directions for research, advisory and education forestry staff.
Objective, technical advice on the establishment, management and harvesting of forests including information on felling regulations, timber prices and much more!
Detailed information on forestry grants and premiums, application procedures, interaction with other agricultural schemes, etc.
The focus of our research is on the management of broadleaves and conifers, tree improvement, site classification and forest policy.
- Forest Carbon Tool
- How to apply for your forestry premium? Find the answer here: Online forestry premium applications
- Teagasc Forest Photo Competition: Celebrating Our Forests
- Getting started in forestry in five steps
- List of Registered Foresters (PDF, updated 17 12 2020)
- Contact List for Timber Buyers and Contractors (PDF, updated 18 12 2020)
- List of Native Woodland Scheme Ecologists for participation under the Native Woodland Conservation Scheme (PDF, updated 20 11 2019)
- Directory of Professional Ecologists where a specialist ecological input is required into a forestry application (PDF, updated 11 11 2019)
Subscribe to our e-newsletter: