Teagasc's Forestry Development Department provides advice, training and research on farm forestry and related matters.
Read the latest news updates here.
Chronological overview of all our upcoming forestry events.
Contact details including advisory areas, research interests and travel directions for research, advisory and education forestry staff.
Objective, technical advice on the establishment, management and harvesting of forests including information on felling regulations, timber prices and much more!
Detailed information on forestry grants and premiums, application procedures, interaction with other agricultural schemes, etc.
The focus of our research is on the management of broadleaves and conifers, tree improvement, site classification and forest policy.
- New: GENESIS Project - Genomic evaluation for the sustainable improvement of Sitka spruce (GenESIS)
- Do you know how to apply for a felling licence? Watch this video.
- Felling and reforestation standards
- Getting started in forestry in five steps
- From 1 January 2020: Online forestry grant and premium applications only
- List of Registered Foresters (PDF, updated 02 10 2019)
- Contact List for Timber Buyers and Contractors (PDF, updated 04 09 2019)
- List of Native Woodland Scheme Ecologists for participation under the Native Woodland Conservation Scheme (PDF, updated 07 05 2019)
- Directory of Professional Ecologists where a specialist ecological input is required into a forestry application (PDF, updated 31 05 2019)
Subscribe to our e-newsletter: