Teagasc's Forestry Development Department provides advice, training and research on farm forestry and related matters.
Read the latest news updates here.
Chronological overview of all our upcoming forestry events.
Contact details including advisory areas, research interests and travel directions for research, advisory and education forestry staff.
Objective, technical advice on the establishment, management and harvesting of forests including information on felling regulations, timber prices and much more!
Detailed information on forestry grants and premiums, application procedures, interaction with other agricultural schemes, etc.
The focus of our research is on the management of broadleaves and conifers, tree improvement, site classification and forest policy.
- New support scheme announced: Forestry Knowledge Transfer Scheme
- Focus on Teagasc's valuable forestry research:
- Irish Birch and Alder Improvement Programme - Improving the genetic quality of our native broadleaf species, birch and alder for afforestation and reforestation
- Ash restructuring - Group selection and underplanting of ash stands to mitigate ash dieback
- Exploitation of small diameter alder - Exploitation of the working properties and utilisation of small-diameter Irish-grown alder
- Watch Talking Timber 2018 again!
- All videos can be viewed here: Talking Timber 2018 Galway
- List of Registered Foresters (PDF, updated 02 08 2018)
- Overview of revised afforestation grants 2018-2020 (PDF)
Subscribe to our e-newsletter:
Forestry Tweets by teagascforestry