Teagasc's Forestry Development Department provides advice, training and research on farm forestry and related matters.
Read the latest news updates here.
Chronological overview of all our upcoming forestry events.
Contact details including advisory areas, research interests and travel directions for research, advisory and education forestry staff.
Objective, technical advice on the establishment, management and harvesting of forests including information on felling regulations, timber prices and much more!
Detailed information on forestry grants and premiums, application procedures, interaction with other agricultural schemes, etc.
The focus of our research is on the management of broadleaves and conifers, tree improvement, site classification and forest policy.
- Upcoming broadleaf event: Ash Management Event. 23 October 2018, Ballyhaise Agricultural College, Co Cavan.
- Upcoming conifer event: Conifer Management Event - managing Norway spruce. 9 November 2018, Tullamore, Co Offaly.
- Are you thinking of selling or transferring grant-aided forestry? Then, read this first: Change of Ownership.
- New Forestry Module in Teagasc Certificate in Agriculture Courses
- List of Registered Foresters (PDF, updated 12 10 2018)
- Overview of revised afforestation grants 2018-2020 (PDF)
- NEW: forestry safety guidance leaflets published by the HSA ranging from 'Using Petrol-Driven Chainsaws' to 'Extraction by Forwarder':
Subscribe to our e-newsletter:
Forestry Tweets by teagascforestry