Teagasc photo competition 2021
Celebrating Our Forests and Wood Use
Our second successive forest photo competition, 'Celebrating Our Forests and Wood Use' ran over October and November 2021.
'Celebrating Our Forests and Wood Use' is a two-themed competition that highlighted both the autumnal beauty of our forests and the multiple uses and applications of wood in our lives. It provided a great opportunity for budding, non-professional photographers and photo enthusiasts to get snapping while being in with a chance to win exciting prizes.
Forests provide us with wonderful settings to enjoy nature, particularly in the autumn. We often take for granted the huge importance of wood as a natural resource, providing us with an array of applications. Wood is used to create spectacular building components, ornate furniture, musical instruments, toys and sports equipment, utensils, artistic creations to name but a few.
The format for the 'Celebrating Our Forests and Wood Use' competition was as follows:
- Commencing from October 7, the 'Celebrating Our Forests and Wood Use' competition focused on two consecutive forest themes featured over subsequent weeks.
- At the end of each theme period, the winner for that theme was chosen and is guaranteed a prize of €300 in vouchers with €100 in vouchers for two selected runners up.
- Each theme winner will also go forward to a Grand Final on December 7, when the overall competition winner will be in line for a further €500 in vouchers.
Overall winner to be announced!
Each theme winner will go forward to a Grand Final on December 7, when the overall competition winner will be in line for a further €500 in vouchers.
- Teagasc Forestry Photo Competition 2021 Terms and Conditions (PDF)
- Teagasc photography consent form (PDF)