Talking Timber 2023
Planning towards Sustainable Timber Production
- Athlone Springs Hotel, Monksland, Athlone, Co Roscommon, N37 F9T3
- Tuesday, 23 May 2023 (9.30 am - 2:30 pm) with registration from 9.30 am to 10.00 am
Attendance is free but online registration is required. Registration is closed.
A recent Coford report estimates that timber production from private forests will increase to 3.6 million cubic metres by 2030.
It is really important therefore that forest owners are in a position to maximise their returns through the successful planning and sale of their timber.
Talking Timber will once again offer forest owners with timber to sell a great opportunity to hear about current timber markets, view harvested logs and timber products and network with a wide range of forest industry businesses.
This year’s theme "Planning towards Sustainable Timber Production" explores opportunities and challenges how forest owners can adapt their management and strategic planning growing, harvesting and selling timber.
This year’s Talking Timber event provides forest owners with the opportunity to ask the right questions of the right people to gain a better understanding of how the process of selling timber works, what the markets are looking for and what they can do to achieve the best economic and environmental outcomes.
The event includes:
- Outdoor log and timber products display (presented by Forest Industries Ireland)
- Mini conference session addressing the topic "Planning towards Sustainable Timber Production" including a Question & Answer session
- Getting the best from your forest - will you be ready? (PDF), Noel Kennedy (Teagasc)
- A Roscommon forest owner journey (PDF), Ronan O’Conghaile (forest owner)
- Forestry Supply Chain Sustainability (PDF), Des Phelan (Forest Industry Transport Group)
- Felling Licences and Forest Roads (PDF), Seppi Hona (Forestry Division, DAFM)
- Forest industry stands representing businesses and state organisations offering networking, information exchange and "doing business" opportunities with forest owners
- Contact your local Teagasc Forestry Adviser
This event is organised by Teagasc in association with the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine and Forest Industries Ireland