Teagasc offers a wide range of local, short, practical courses. Topics can include formative shaping of broadleaves and timber measurement.
Please contact your local Forestry Advisor for further details.
Teagasc College Ballyhaise, Co Cavan has provided forestry training since 1988.
Forestry courses available at Ballyhaise College include full-time QQI Level 5 & 6 forestry courses, the Forest Machine Operator Training Programme and short skills courses.
A forestry qualification from Ballyhaise College has provided the opportunity for many students to develop wide ranging and interesting careers including:
- Work as self-employed forestry contractors
- Developed careers in arboriculture and tree care service
- Further their education to higher levels
- Work for established forestry management companies and organisations
- Level 5 Certificate in Forestry.
- You can now apply online for this course commencing September 2018.
- Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Forestry
- Forest Machine Operator Training Programme
Marianne Lyons, Forestry Lecturer at Teagasc Ballyhaise College gives an overview of the Level 5 and Level 6 forestry education opportunities at the College. Filmed at TIMBER 2017, Stradbally Hall Estate, Co Laois.
Marianne Lyons, Forestry Lecturer at Teagasc Ballyhaise College discusses the new forest machine (harvester and forwarder) operator training module at the College. Filmed at TIMBER 2017, Stradbally Hall Estate, Co Laois.