Monitor & Budget Cashflow
Cash is the lifeblood of every business. Having a good understanding of the way cash moves into and out of your farm business is vital in times of product and input price volatility. It is very worthwhile to have a system in place to monitor cash flow while preparing a forward cash flow budget will allow you to plan ahead and identify period of cash deficits or indeed cash surplus in the good times.
Teagasc have a cash flow recording and budgeting tool available called the Cost Control Planner. Contact your local Teagasc advisory office for details.
Cash Flow Budgeting and Recording Worksheets
- Cash Flow & Financial Management on Dairy Farms (PDF)
- Cash Flow and financial Management on Drystock farms (PDF)
- Cash Flow and financial Management on Tillage farms (PDF)
- Dairy Cash Flow Budget (PDF, 3.5MB)
Calculators, articles and other resources
- Other cash flow resources
- Cash Flow Management tips (PDF)
- Dairy Cash Flow Budget Calculator (Excel)
- Creating a cash flow budget (PDF)
- Recording and tracking cash against a budget (PDF)
- Cost Control Planner (PDF)