Is Organics an option?
If you can answer yes to some or all of these questions then you should consider switching to organic production.
- Is your current stocking rate below 2 livestock units per ha?
- Can your animal housing be modified to incorporate a bedded lying area?
- Are you considering entering GLAS?
- Can you incorporate a grass/clover break into your rotation?
- Do you have a source of farmyard manure/slurry on or near your own farm?
- Are you interested in achieving gross margins of €1000 per ha for cereal production?