Continuous Cover Forestry Event
Tuesday 5 July 2022, Caherconlish, Co Limerick.
- MORNING SESSION (10.30am - 1.00pm) - Fully booked
- AFTERNOON SESSION (2.00pm - 4.30pm) - Fully booked
This event will showcase the transformation to continuous cover management of a 10 ha young spruce / oak forest in County Limerick.
Initial works started in 2020 and have been funded under the DAFM Continuous Cover Forestry Scheme. To date, this has been a collaborative effort between the owner Liam Bresnan and his extended family working closely with local forestry professionals along with Teagasc Forestry support.
During this event, participants will visit several stops within the forest and be able to meet and discuss a wide range of topics. Topics will include:
- The DAFM CCF scheme details
- The management plan and recent thinning operations
- Maintenance and pruning
- Findings of the recent TranSSFor project
- Management to promote biodiversity and recreation
- Timber production under CCF to date and future outlook
The event will take place on Tuesday 5 July 2022 near Caherconlish, Co Limerick:
- The morning session will start at 10.30am and finish at 1.00pm - Fully booked
- The afternoon session will start at 2.00pm and finish at 4.30pm - Fully booked
Please wear suitable clothing and footwear.
- Jonathan Spazzi, Teagasc Forestry Development Officer for Limerick and Kerry
- For more information on the forest transformation to date of this forest, see also Liam Bresnan's CCF case study.