Teagasc offers courses in horticulture at its two horticultural colleges. These full-time courses provide students with the opportunity to acquire management knowledge and skills to effectively manage and carry out day-to-day tasks and long term management of commercial horticultural enterprises. The QQI accredited courses are suitable for those seeking employment as supervisors, technicians and unit mangers or for seeking employment in the horticultural business service sector.
For those who wish to obtain a higher qualification Teagasc offers a Bachelor of Science in Horticulture which provides students with a firm grounding in technical skills in areas of landscape design and construction, sport turf management, nursery stock production and food crop production. They also gain an understanding of the concepts and processes of management and information technology.
- Certificate in Horticulture - QQI Level 5
- Plant ID and Use Level 5 (PDF) - QQI Level 5
- Plant Propagation Level 5 (PDF) - QQI Level 5
- Advanced Certificate in Horticulture - QQI Level 6
- Landscape Design and Construction Level 6 (PDF) - QQI Level 6
- Sports Turf Science Level 6 (PDF) - QQI Level 6
- Nursery Stock Production Level 6 (PDF) - QQI Level 6
- Market Gardening Level 6 (PDF) - QQI Level 6
- Bachelor of Science in Horticulture - QQI Level 7
- BSc in Land Management in Horticulture – QQI Level 8