Rural dwellers establish new enterprises to improve their income, provide employment for family and utilise available resources. Teagasc provide training and advisory services to promote and sustain a range of enterprise development in rural areas. Specialist advisers provide start-up training for those establishing new enterprises and training and advice for those who are up and running.
The Department of Rural and Community Development is currently developing a new, whole-of-Government rural development policy for Ireland for the period 2020-2025.
2020 RDS Spring Awards
- Sustainable Farming Application Form 2020 RDS Spring Award for Sustainable Farming
- Sustainable Rural Enterprise Application Form2020 RDS Spring Award for Enterprise
- Sustainable Rural Innovation Application Form2020 RDS Spring Award for Innovation
In addition to receiving a specially commissioned trophy the winner in each category will receive a cheque for €2,000 from the RDS. Each runner-up will receive €1,000 and an RDS Certificate of Merit.
Award winners will be announced at the 2020 RDS Spring Awards Lunch which will take place in the RDS Concert Hall on Tuesday, April 14. There is no fee to apply for the awards, and shortlisted applicants, and their guests, will be invited to attend the awards lunch free of charge.
Coping with the pressures of farming
- Options Programme 2019
- Failte Ireland Update
- Sustainable Farming: Could the answer lie in Food Supply Chain Innovation?
- Agri Tourism Conference Proceedings 2018
- Coping with the Pressures of Farming
Expand Your Horizons
Services and support offered by rural agencies in Ireland.
Click here to view videos from the seminar series.
Rural Tourism Booklet
The Teagasc Rural Tourism booklet is designed to quickly provide answers for readers seeking information on any aspect of rural tourism development opportunities.
Teagasc Rural Tourism Booklet (PDF, 5.6MB)