Practical Learning Period
Objectives of Practical Learning Period (PLP)
A Practical Learning Period (PLP) is a mandatory component of Teagasc training programmes. PLP allows the learner to:
- Apply knowledge, skills and competencies acquired during the training programme to a real work situation.
- Apply classroom theory and practical skills training in a work situation.
- Develop new technical skill through work based learning.
- Understand and apply health and safety protocols and responsibilities of the work place.
- Work independently in an unfamiliar situation.
- Develop effective time management skills.
- Demonstrate initiative and leadership skills.
- Work effectively in a team.
- Analyse and solve day to day workplace problems.
- Develop interpersonal and self-management skills.
- Communicate in a professional manner within the workplace
Teagasc Agricultural Courses
Teagasc is the primary provider of accredited Further Education and Training
(FET) for the land–based sector. Teagasc also makes a major input into
Higher Education and Training (HET) and postgraduate courses through its
partnerships with the higher education sector.
Get information on Teagasc Further Education Courses here