Sligo / Leitrim / Donegal Advisory Region
On behalf of Teagasc I would like to welcome you to the Sligo/Leitrim/Donegal Advisory Region section of the Teagasc website. This section gives you full up-to-date information on our region including our staff, our Advisory Programmes and Services, and our Advisory and Educational courses and regional events. It also has links to other sections within Teagasc
Download the Sligo/Leitrim/Donegal (pdf) 2021 regional review
Through the Advisory Service, we provide a comprehensive range of services.
- One to One Advice to our 3,800 Farmer Clients
- Farm Visits
- Office and Telephone Consultations
- Discussion Groups in Dairying, Cattle, Sheep, Tillage and Goats - 66 Groups with over 1000 members meeting monthly throughout the year
- Public Events - such as Farm Walks, Seminars , Open Days on New and Relevant Topics
- Monthly Newsletters and Bi Monthly Today's Farm Magazine and TResearch
- Our Forestry Advisor is based in Ballybofey and supplies advice and education on forestry to farmers in the Sligo/Leitrim/Donegal Regional Unit.
Scheme Application and Support
- Basic Payment Scheme Assistance and Advice
- Applications and Service for Schemes such as BEEP, BGDP, BEAM, GLAS, TAMS and Hen Harrier
Through the Regional Education System, we provide Courses for Young Entrants to Farming. These courses are tailored to meet the needs of the Part Time Farmer.
- Certificate in Farming Level 5 and 6 Leading to the Green Cert
- Other Short Training Courses such as Health and Safety Training, Information Technology Training
Other Short Courses available include
- Special Environment Courses
- Health & Safety Courses
- Cross Compliance Courses
- Farm Forestry
- Organic Farming
- Options Courses
- Grass 10 Courses
- Dairy Start Up Courses
If you live in Sligo / Leitrim / Donegal and are farming, or are thinking of entering farming, and would like some information or advice do not hesitate to contact us - we will be delighted to help.
We are also continually keeping our website updated with the latest Covid-19 protocols
Regional Manager Sligo / Leitrim / Donegal