Kerry / Limerick Advisory Region
On behalf of TEAGASC, I would like to welcome you to the Kerry/Limerick Advisor Region Section of the TEAGASC web-site. This section gives current information on our Staff, Advisory Programmes and Services and our Public events and courses available in education. There are also links to other areas of the TEAGASC organisation. TEAGASC Advisory staff have the benefit and support of relevant TEAGASC Research which is carried out at major centres throughout Ireland.
Our offices are located in Kilmallock, Newcastle West, Listowel, Tralee and Killarney with clinics in Caherciveen and Kenmare.
Advisory Services Include
- Individual Advice to Farmer Clients (4,000 Clients)
- Farm Visits
- Office and Telephone Consultations
- Discussion Groups in Dairy, Beef and Sheep
- 88 Discussion Groups with 1,250 famers meeting regularly during the year
- Joint Programme Advisory Activities Kerry Agribusiness & Dairygold Monitor Farms, BETTER Farm Beef and BETTER Farm Sheep.
- Heavy Soils Programme
- Pasture Base and Grass10
- Public Events, Farm Walks, Seminars, Workshops and Open Days.
Monthly Newsletters and Bi monthly Todays Farm
- Basic Payments Scheme Assistance
- Applications and Service for TAMS, GLAS and BDGP
Our Regional Education System provides courses in Agriculture for new entrants to farming.
- Part-Time courses leads to level 6 Certification in Farming
- Distance Green Cert Course leads to Level 6 Certification in Farming
Short Course Provided Include:
- Options/Alternative Enterprises
- Farm Safety
- Environmental Course
- Financial Management
- Organic Farming
- Farm Forestry etc
For our up-to-date Covid-19 protocals please click on the link below
Regional Manager, Kerry / Limerick