Grass10 Newsletter - 5th January 2021
Information and updates from the Grass10 team
Download Publication (PDF)
The key messages in this week’s newsletter are:
- William Burchill from the Teagasc/Dairygold joint programme looks at the cost effectiveness of Low Emissions Slurry Spreading (LESS).
- Typical nitrogen values for slurry when spread by the 4 main methods throughout the spring and summer.
- More informaion on the upcoming webinar taking place next Wednesday, 13th January at 7pm which aims to help farmers to make better use of the nutrients applied on their farms using PastureBase Ireland. Register here: http://bit.ly/PBI-NUE
- Information on “Joining a Grass10 Grazing course in 2021” Register your interest and a member of the Grass10 team will get back to you: www.teagasc.ie/grazingcourses
- Details on an upcoming social media takeover by Teagasc/Glanbia Future Farm Participant John Ryan on Friday 22nd January. More information: http://bit.ly/G10JohnRyan
Watch a video to hear from John Barry, suckler farmer from Nenagh, Co. Tipperary on the benefits he has gotten out of joining a Grass10 Grazing Course and why he would recommend it to a farmer looking to improve their grassland management in 2021. View it here http://bit.ly/GS10JBarry